NATURALLY TIMBER WEBSITE
The Terms and Conditions govern the use of this website.
Naturally Timber reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. We therefore encourage you to check this document regularly.
This website is provided on an “as is” basis. The information on this website is for general information only. While Naturally Timber has used its best endeavours to ensure that the information contained on and accessed through the website is correct and current at the time of publication, the website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Naturally Timber does not accept any responsibility for any error, omission or defect in the information provided on this website. Use of any information from this website is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, Naturally Timber:
(a) Does not make any representation, warranty or endorsement of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website, your access to the website or results of your access, or the information, content, materials or products on the website; and
(b) Does not warrant that the functions on the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the server which stores and transmits content to you is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purport to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth.), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth.) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of Naturally Timber) will Naturally Timber accept liability for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from any use or access, or any inability to use or access the website.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Naturally Timber in respect of any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost (including legal cost) or expense which Naturally Timber may suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your willful or negligent act or omission with respect to the your use of the website (or any part of it) or the violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or the infringement by you, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
All products offered for sale on this website or appearing on this website are the property of Naturally Timber and its contractors. Nothing contained on this website is intended to hold out any express or implied representation to you that any other person (including any manufacturer, designer, retailer or other organisation) has authorised or is in any way associated or affiliated with this website or the goods, products and services shown on this website or offered for sale by Naturally Timber. Specifications on this website are correct at the time of publishing but are subject to change without notice.
This website is subject to copyright under Australian law and, under international treaties, and the laws of many other countries. The website contains trademarks, intellectual property and copyright protected works which is owned by Naturally Timber, and third parties. Except for the direct purpose of viewing, accessing or interacting with the website for your own personal use or as otherwise indicated on the website or these Terms and Conditions, you must not copy, communicate to the public, adapt, transfer, distribute or store any of the contents of the website, or incorporate any part of the website into another website without Naturally Timber’s express consent.
Naturally Timber reserves the right in its sole discretion to revise the content of, amend links from, or withdraw access to the website, at any time without notice. Without limiting the operation of any other Terms and Conditions herein, Naturally Timber will not be held liable for loss or damage arising from the exercising of these rights. Any indemnities given by you and limitations on Naturally Timber’s liability will survive such termination.
Naturally Timber assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability for the condition or content of third party websites that may be linked to or accessed from the website. Except as Naturally Timber may specifically direct otherwise, Naturally Timber does not authorise the content of those third party websites.
The website may also contain third party advertisements which contain embedded hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. The placement of third party advertisements on this website does not necessarily constitute the recommendation or endorsement of Naturally Timber for such goods or services. The third party advertiser is solely responsible to you for any representations or offers made by it, and for any goods or services which you agree to purchase from those third parties.
Certain parts of the website may contain competitions or promotions from Naturally Timber or third parties. The terms and conditions for those competitions and promotions will be specified on the relevant part of the website from time to time. By entering or participating in the relevant competition or promotion you agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions. Notwithstanding any specific terms and conditions, Naturally Timber specifically retains the right, at any time and without notice, to remove, alter or add to competitions or promotions on the website without any liability to you.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by and to be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. In the event that any provision of the Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must to the extent of the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability be ignored and all the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions will
remain in full force and effect.
Naturally Timber makes no representation that the content of the website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Naturally Timber’s Warranty
- Naturally Timber guarantees to repair or replace any product with manufacturing defect for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This is provided that the defect is not a result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. The warranty does not cover products used for commercial purposes. Your furniture must be cared for in accordance with the care instructions provided. The original purchase receipt and delivery docket must be retained in order to make a claim. This guarantee is personal to the original purchaser who may not assign or transfer any benefit conferred from this guarantee.
- This warranty is in addition to the rights granted by relevant State and Federal Laws, and in particular the Trade Practices Act 1974 and corresponding State Fair Trading Legislation. Please ensure that you keep your receipt in order to validate your warranty.
- Please do not mistake timber grain, scars or nail marks as defects. The timbers used are plantation and recycled and both have their own distinct trademarks. Any putty used is a necessity to the finish of the furniture and not poor workmanship. In most cases it is used to fill holes from nails used in the framework or to smooth over any imperfections in the recycled timbers or natural imperfections in the hardwoods.
- The nature, colour, grain structure, appearance and staining of all solid timber furniture requires an appreciation that every piece will be different due to the nature of the product. No two pieces are the same. No guarantee can be offered in respect to specifying colour or grain on the natural hardwoods.
- Not guaranteed are any defect cause by:
- Unreasonable wear and tear
- Abuse or neglect
- Any unauthorised alterations
- Defects resulting from the use of polishes or substances warned against in the care instructions.
- Defects resulting from furniture subjected to excessive changes in temperature or being exposed to direct sunlight.
- Defects caused by any stress placed on furniture due to its placement on an uneven surface.
- Movement in timber reacting to environmental conditions
Deposits, Cancellations and Storage
Made to Order Stock and Display Stock
- 50% deposit is required on any custom design orders. Cancellation will forfeit thisdeposit.
- 30% deposit is required on all other orders and will be forfeited oncancellation.
- All orders must be paid for in full prior to delivery.
- Naturally Timber is unable to store goods once they are ready for delivery. Special exceptions for pre-arrangement at point ofsale.
- Goods not collected or delivered within the specified period will require further payments or attract storage fees as follows: 14 days over the arranged date, require a minimum 75% payment.
- 21 days over the arranged date, require a minimum of 100% payment. 30 days over the arranged date, will incur storage fees.
Refund & Exchange
- In addition to the rights granted by relevant State and Federal Laws in particular The Trade Practices Act 1974 and corresponding State Fair Trading Legislations, Naturally Timber offers a 7 day change of mind policy on all full price “Homeware” items, excluding Special Orders, returned within 7 days of purchase, in the original packaging, accompanied by the sales docket in exchange for another product of equal or higher value.
- We do not offer refunds, exchange or credits under the following circumstances;
- If you change your mind, decide you have no use for the goods or do not like them
- If you are buying pre-inspected goods
- If you damage the goods by using them in a way they were not meant to beused.
- NO RETURN OF REFUND FOR CHANGE OF MIND PURCHASES, CLEARANCE OR DISCOUNTED ITEMS
Conditions of Sale
- Furniture sold is for domestic use only unless specified. Title will pass on only upon receipt of full payment by either cash or clearance of funds into our bank account.
- Layby is available for up to twelve weeks from date of purchase.
- 30% deposit is required and fortnightly payments must be made on all layby orders.
- No Exchange, Refund or Cancellations on layby orders.
- A 30% termination fee will apply on all layby cancellations.
- Goods cannot be collected until full payment is made.
Delivery and Storage
- Please note all prices quoted are ex-showroom, the delivery fee is an extra.
- If for any reason, someone is not available to accept goods on the arranged delivery day, a second delivery fee will be charged to return. Should you require to cancel a delivery, you must give 24hours notice or a second delivery fee will be charged.
- The delivery charge covers reasonable access and straight forward placement of purchased goods. Note, additional charges will apply for any difficult access deliveries, installation, and any other special requirements.
- Our delivery drivers are unable to move or remove any of your existing furniture.
- Should you require a second visit for any reason that could have been attended to on the initial delivery, additional charges will apply. For this reason we ask that all furniture is checked for any requirements requested to avoid any further charges.
- Customers requiring delivery out of our normal delivery areas are required to organise their own carrier or where possible a carrier will be recommended and arranged by our factory. All goods must be paid for in full prior to pick-up.
- Please carefully examine all merchandise before signing for delivery. Be sure to collect shelving, shelf supports or any other specials requirements pre-arranged at the point of sale. Any damages must be reported to the carrier immediately, in most cases they are trained in cabinetmaking and can attend to most of your concerns. Please note any dissatisfactions on your delivery docket.
- It is by customer request on delivery that the plastic slides be removed from underneath furniture. These are in place to allow easy transport and minimise any damage to the base of all furniture. These slides add to the protection of your floors when moving furniture around, but may cause problems with larger units sitting level. Should you require them to be removed, this can be attended to on delivery.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to check that entry access is sufficient for delivery of custom made furniture including door heights, door widths and stair access.
- Any outstanding balances must be paid prior to delivery by cash, credit card or Bank transfer
- It is the responsibility of the customer to return goods to place of purchase in the event or any items requiring service or repair
To maximise the life and beauty of your Naturally Timber Furniture, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Timber should not be placed on damp or wet surfaces or exposed to direct sunlight or extreme heat. Extremes in temperature due to heaters, fireplaces and air-conditioners will contribute to the decline in moisture content and can affect the life and look of your Naturally Timber Furniture causing it to split, move and warp.
- Avoid placing abrasive items directly on your furniture and always place a protective pad, placemat or coaster under hot dishes, teapots, saucepans, pizza boxes etc. Naturally Timber Furniture surfaces have been treated with a heat resistant lacquer, but will not tolerate excessive heat. The heat transfers through the lacquer and marks the timber itself as well as marking the lacquer.
- Spills should be wiped off immediately with a soft cloth. Our lacquer is water resistant, but not capable of dealing with excessive amounts. The liquid will eventually seep through the lacquer and cause swelling, blistering and ir-repairable damage to the timber if exposed to excessive amounts of water.
- Every 6-12 months give the timber a light application of bees wax. Waxing is a protection against splitting and warping as well as nourishing the timber and beautifying it naturally.
- Please avoid any contact between your Naturally Timber Furniture and nail polish, acetone, methylated spirits, textas, markers, fragrant oils, glues and any cleaning products containing silicone.
- Avoid covering your furniture for prolonged periods of time. Moisture can collect under the covering and cause damage to your furniture.
- Please place your Naturally Timber Furniture on a level surface to prevent any unnecessary stress. Any furniture that requires leveling due to an uneven floor is the responsibility of the customer.